[Writer for kids]
As a child, I declared that when I grew up I would be a teacher during the day, a zoologist at night and an artist on the weekends. I spent lots of summer days in the library reading everything I could get my hands on, becoming friends with Ramona Quimby, Margaret Simon and Elizabeth Bennet. After eventually going to college to get a degree in English and lots of years writing (about boring things like policies and housing), I finally get to spend my days homeschooling my wonderful daughter, reading and writing (about fun things like animals) and doing a little art on the side.
I’m an active member of the SCBWI, former co-chair of the Children’s Book Signing Tent at the Texas Book Festival and a public library volunteer, currently residing in Houston, Texas with my husband, daughter, adorable dog and two (slightly less adorable) tarantulas.
Fun Facts About Me
- I’ve had unusual luck with magicians, being both cut in half by one and made to disappear by another (David Copperfield in Las Vegas!).
- I don’t like anything pickled.
- I cry every time I watch The Fox and the Hound.
- I can’t stand re-reading books (except picture books and Pride & Prejudice) or re-watching movies.
- My favorite museum exhibits are the New York Public Library Polonsky Exhibit, the Cockrell Butterfly Exhibit in Houston and the entire Galleria Borghese in Rome.